- There is no need to use traditional glue it decays and absorbs damp. It is too
brittle for large lumps of wood heads and legs fall off bodies develop cracks.
- There is no need to coat a rocking horse with rabbit skin glue and whiting gesso,
it cracks, falls off and will not take paint properly.
- If you use more than one piece of wood, there is no need for legs to be unnaturally
- If you glue the wood under pressure, there is no need for the body and legs
to be separate, fixed with wooden pegs.
- Frames do need to be rigid, with proper joints, and side runners deep enough
to take decent metal bushes.
- Saddles need to look realistic, to be fixed and safe.